Friday 9 September 2011

Stop the Traffik - Charity Single

Hey

Last year I raised money for 'Stop The Traffik' by fasting and remaining silent for a day - on a whim because no one thought I could keep my mouth shut for a whole day - not the reason you'd be expecting! It was only when I was asked to give a presentation about 'Stop the Traffik' that the real affects of human trafficking started to hit me.

It shocked me that there are people out there profiteering from selling human lives. Amongst other crimes women abused and beaten are sold over and over again. Human traffiking is now one of the largest sources of income for organised crime.









I have written a song called, "Stop!" to help raise awareness of the issue. The remixed version of the song is now available for purchase from iTunes, Amazon and many other places. This could not have been done without the talents of Joey TheLips. For more great music from him and his band please visit their website Maia.

All profits from sales will be donated to Stop the Traffik. For a digital download of the song head over to iTunes or Amazon.

If you don't like the song but still want to donate to this important charity please go directly to my JustGiving page where the donation will also benefit from Gift Aid if this is applicable.

So please dig deep and donate now.

As Haugen said in 2005, 'The greatest and most shameful regrets of history is always about the truth we failed to tell.'

People shouldn't be bought and sold.

STOP the TRAFFIK.

Khamsina

No comments:

Post a Comment